St Mary's is an Anglican Parish, established in 1883. The Parish covers the Suburbs of Mornington, Belleknowes Mary Hill and Clyde Hill. However people from all over Dunedin are part of our Church Family.
We are part of the Diocese of Dunedin under the authority of Bishop Kelvin Wright.
In New Zealand the Anglican Church is officially known as "The Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia and is associated with the worldwide Anglican Communion.
St. Mary's is part of a ministry team comprising the Parishes of Mornington, St Kilda and Green Island/Brighton.
St. Kilda - Web page
Green Island/Brighton - Web page
The present church was built in 1966 and is a medium sized square building with a spire.
The Brick chancel of its predecessor has been incorporated into the new building as has the Lady Chapel.
A distinctive feature of the grounds is the lych gate at the top entrance to the churchyard.
Next to the church is St Anne's hall. This is used by various community groups, and is where we have morning tea before and after church.
The church also has a crypt (basement) and a newly developed church office.
St Mary's, Mornington 2010
Webpage by Pilgrim